News

TRAGIC! Mother, child electrocuted while spreading clothes in Ibadan

Mother and child were both electrocuted.

A woman and her child were electrocuted to death in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital on Sunday.

The unidentified woman was reportedly spreading her clothes when she was electrocuted. Her scream reportedly attracted her son who unknowingly hugged his dying mother.

A witness narrated that “a nearby hotel had connected a wire to a house to provide illumination for passers-by at night. Unknown to the deceased, who was four months pregnant, the insulator on the wire had worn off.

“As she was spreading her clothes on it, she was electrocuted. She screamed, attracting the innocent boy, who ran to his mum. He too got electrocuted on the spot.”

Oyo State Police PRO, SP Adekunle Ajisebutu, said the bodies had been taken to the Adeoyo General Hospital morgue for autopsy and that investigation had begun.

Related Articles

Close
Close