These destructive things don\’t look like bad habits at first but if they aren\’t handled carefully, it could result into bigger problems that would eventually breakup a relationship
There are many habits that can ruin a couple\’s loving relationship, doesn\’t matter if you are single or married.
These bad habits include physical and emotional cheating, poor communication, addictions and many others.
Oftentimes, these destructive things don\’t look like bad habits at first but if they aren\’t handled carefully, it could result into bigger problems that would eventually breakup a relationship.
Inspired by Huffington Post, here are 7 habits that can destroy a loving relationship:
1. Having no common courtesy: You aren\’t single any longer, learning to include your partner in your plans is simple courtesy. It shows that you have a lot of respect for them, if the plans do not go as expected, communicate to your partner why such a thing happened rather than having a fight about it. You become more trustworthy to your partner and create a stronger bond when you have common courtesy.
2. Going back to the past: The past is the past which is why it should be left where it is. Single and married couples often hurt their relationship when they bring up the past, especially during an argument. Even if a past issue needs to be thrashed out, it\’s advisable to bring it up with care and make sure your partner understands why you are doing so.
3. Forgetting to say \’thank you\’: As much as saying thank you may not mean a thing to you immediately, it\’ll go a long way in your relationship if you use it often. It\’s important to express gratitude your partner every time, doesn\’t matter if they are just carrying out the simplest of duties.
4. Talking to each other through texts: Having a heart to heart conversation via texts is awful for you. As much as talking to each other through texts could be okay in some instances, it could cause huge problems in communication if all you do is text each other.
5. Continuous distraction: Single and married couples let distractive devices such as phones, tabs, computers get in between their relationships. People have let social media dictate how they treat their partners too. These continuous distractions slowly kills the emotional connection you have with your partner.
6. Speaking ill of your partner: Saying hurtful things about your partner to someone else especially in public places is simply horrible. No single or married relationship is perfect and some things are bound to drive you crazy, but speaking ill of your partner to someone else is just downright petty.
7. Focusing on the negatives: Everyone has a flaw, so not looking past your partner\’s shortcomings could destroy your relationship. Love can\’t hold this together. For singles and married people, it\’s advisable to treat your partner the same way you\’ll treat your best friend or yourself.
More in Lifestyle
Pregnant test !! See 9 Fast Ways To Know If You Are Pregnant ( MUST READ )
A basic, over-the-counter pregnancy test is the most accurate indicator of pregnancy available. Also, physical changes...
“If you wear a pant throughout the day, you’ve got serious problems”– Nigerian Lady advises ladies to change their panties 2-3 times daily
A Nigerian Twitter User has taken to her account to advise you all ladies who wear...